There is nothing I love more than making a delicious dinner for Brandyn and I to enjoy after a long day of work. It’s even more rewarding when that meal happens to be insanely delicious AND healthy! I have been having so much fun experimenting with new recipes since starting our low carb journey! I never even realized how many awesome and delicious substitutions there were for carb-loaded foods! One of the products I’ve been really enjoying is almond meal. I’ve seen recipes for low carb cheddar bay biscuits (yeah, those delicious biscuits from Red Lobster), loaves of bread, breading for all kinds of proteins, and even cookies!
I was off work today and Brandyn called me to tell me that his day at work was going really badly and he was just really upset. If there is one thing that makes my man happy, it’s good food! So, I decided to try to recreate one of his favorite dishes in a low carb version. I made this dish for him about a year ago and he has probably asked me about 20 times to make it for him again. I knew I had to make this happen for him because a happy husband with a full belly makes for a happy wife! He also knows that this meal is a labor of love for me because I am really weird about touching raw chicken and there is no way to avoid it in this recipe! That probably gained me a few brownie points with him tonight (yes, men deserve to be spoiled just as much as us women)!
I’m going to let the pictures do most of the talking for this recipe. Hope you enjoy!
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 oz of cream cheese (softened)
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1 cup almond flour/meal
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese for breading mixture, and 2 tablespoons for filling
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon minced onion
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Butterfly chicken breasts
- Combine almond flour/meal and parmesan cheese on a plate for breading
- Add salt and pepper to eggs and whisk
- Combine cream cheese, seasonings, and parmesan cheese and mix well
- Spread filling on one side of each chicken breast, close chicken, and secure with a kabob skewer
- Preheat a pan on the stove to medium high heat and add 3 tablespoons canola oil
- Coat each piece of chicken in egg, and then bread in almond flour/meal and parmesan cheese mixture’
- Pan fry chicken on each side for 5-6 minutes until golden brown, be gentle moving chicken so the coating doesn’t come off before it’s set well
- Place chicken on a foil lined baking sheet and remove skewers
- Finish in oven for 25-30 minutes until cooked through
I know this meal will be one of our go to meals to satisfy a craving for a hearty meal! This recipe isn’t exact because all chicken breasts aren’t the same size and more breading may stick to some but it’s roughly 8 net carbs for that giant chicken breast that is pictured and that ended up being enough for dinner tonight and lunch tomorrow! So, I call that a win!
I hope you enjoyed this blog, and as always thank you for taking the time to read it!
Love always, Stacy xo
Food Uncategorized almond flour almond meal cheesy chicken delicious garlic chicken homecooking homemade meals losing the weight low carb low carb chicken recipe low carb living low carb recipe pcos pcos diet pcos weight loss recipe stuffed chicken weight loss weight loss journey
I wear many hats on daily basis but a few of my more notable titles include: wife, dog lover, coffee addict, budgeter, organizer, and a bookworm.