THANK GOD IT’S FRIDAY!!!! I don’t know about y’all but I couldn’t have survived another day of this crazy week! In fact, I was so excited about it being Friday that I was wide awake and ready to get moving at 6:30 this morning! I didn’t even have to be at work until 10 o’clock today! So, since I was all bright eyed and bushy tailed I decided to celebrate this glorious day by sneaking out of bed to whip up some low carb mocha frappuccinos for Brandyn and I to enjoy with our breakfast! Oh, also celebrating reaching 15.4 pounds lost so far on my weight loss journey!!! Woohoo!!!
I knew I had some coffee leftover from Thursdays breakfast that I had stuck in the fridge because the frugal side of me just can’t stand to waste money and pouring out perfectly good coffee is a major party foul in this house! We generally use it for a delicious iced coffee concoction but I was wanting more of a special treat to start our day! I’ve never tried to make a frappuccino at home so I turned to Pinterest for some inspiration! Of course I wasn’t disappointed and I found a delicious recipe that wasn’t geared toward a low carb lifestyle but I knew I could remedy that and put my twist on it all!
So I came up with an insanely delicious dupe that was about 4 net carbs for a 16 ounce glass! I can’t wait to share this with y’all!
Brandyn absolutely loved his frappuccino and he thought I had cheated and used regular carb loaded sugary ingredients! That’s certainly a win in my book!
- 2 to 3 cups of cubed ice (start with 2 and you can add more until your consistency is right)
- 2 cups of leftover brewed coffee (cold)
- 1 cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 6 tablespoons of Hershey’s Sugar Free chocolate syrup
- 4 packets of equal (or your sugar substitute of choice)
- 2 tablespoons whipped cream to top (optional, but totally recommended!)
- Add ice, cold coffee, almond milk into blender and pulse
- Once it begins to come together add the chocolate syrup and equal packets, blend until consistency is frappuccino-ish (about 30-45 seconds)
- Pour into a glass and top with whipped cream and a drizzle of chocolate syrup (if you’re rocking your “devil may care” attitude)!
/// I got my inspiration for this recipe from LoveLaughterForeverAfter
Thank you for taking the time to read my blog! I hope you give this recipe a try! If you do, let me know in the comments what you thought!
Love always, Stacy xo
Food Uncategorized budget friendly frappuccino caffeine junkie delicous frugal recipes Hershey's sugar free chocolate syrup iced beverage recipe low carb low carb starbucks mocha frappe low carb starbucks dupe Starbucks mocha frappuccino vanilla almond milk
I wear many hats on daily basis but a few of my more notable titles include: wife, dog lover, coffee addict, budgeter, organizer, and a bookworm.